Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Thank you!

Just a word of thanks to the followers that are watching.

Please bare with me as I'm going through some uneventful phases of the layout that are not very photogenic.

Just tonight I finished tearing out some shelving that I installed several years ago to make room for the layout when I first started.  After the first operating session it was noted that the shelves had to go.  So go they did, I broke the 5-five shelf units down into 10- three shelf units and slide them under the layout.

I've also been working on Speed Matching my locos, working with my wheel report and next I plan to tear out the yard at El Dorado and rebuild it with 2 Arrival / Departure tracks so as to reduce the work load for the yard crews. I hope to have the yard rebuilt by mid to late summer so we can put it to the test with the revamped Wheel Report!

After that, I hope to start on some scenery in Malvern.  I want to start experimenting with the back drop first.

Thanks again for watching along....

5 comments:

  1. Although not photogenic progress, it's progress! Great job! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any progress is good progess!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is , little by little.
    Allen...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have looked at the Wheel Report from the MR article many times. It eliminates the problem of HO modelers not being able to read N scale reporting marks, and saves days of set-up time in paperwork. But say you are working several grain elevators. You pick up grain cars from elevator A, move to elevator B. How does a crew avoid spotting cars that were picked up at A at B? In WR theory it wouldn't matter, but it would cooler to avoid it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good question. I only have one elevator, but I see what you mean. What I have done since is to use car tabs, which marks the cars from being spotted twice in one session.

      Delete